What is mineral beneficiation?
Mineral beneficiation is a process by which valuable constituents of an ore are concentrated by means of a physical separation process. As one of the initial steps of extractive metallurgy, the main purpose is to prepare the ore prior to downstream purification processes. The most common mineral beneficiation processes include: sample preparation, comminution, size classification, and concentration.
Met-Solve has the vast knowledge and extensive experience required to conduct mineral beneficiation testing. Our laboratory facility includes a wide range of equipment necessary to research, develop and test various beneficiation methods with capabilities including:
- Sample Preparation – drying, dewatering, and mixing of samples
- Comminution – rock size reduction by crushing and grinding
- Size Classification – screening, de-sliming, cycloning
- Gravity Concentration – separation exploiting the differences in specific gravity of minerals via the use of centrifugal concentrators, shaking tables, and spirals
- Froth Flotation – bulk flotation, differential flotation, etc.
- Magnetic separation
- Optical Sorting – using advanced optical sorting technology
- Dense media separation - bench scale heavy liquid testing and pilot testing available
- Hydrometallurgy - column leaching, bottle roll testing, electrowinning, ion exchange, and more
- Scrubber testing - pilot plant tests of scrubbers used to deagglomerate clays and other materials
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE CAN HELP TEST YOUR ORE: CONTACT US